Napofow Forum Index
 FAQ  •  Search  •  Memberlist  •  Usergroups   •  Register  •  Profile  •  Log in to check your private messages  •  Log in
 Suggest manufacturers. View next topic
View previous topic
Dillingham
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2007 5:25 am Reply with quoteBack to top

HobbyDr wrote:
Do they fit in with your Old Glory collection, or are they totally out of proportion? If I were to go with the AB line, would I have to go 'whole hog'?

Don

You can tell that they're different if you put them side by side. Most of my Prussians are Minifigs, and there is a difference. It doesn't stop me from using them though ... well, that is when I get the chance to use them, which last time was just ... um ... hmm ... ahhhhhhhhhh .... hmmm ... I guess, ahm , well, it was when ... no, that's not it ... hmm ... Nope, sorry. Don't remember the last time I pushed Napoleonic lead around the table. What a sad sad state of affairs that is. What does one have to do to get a game of Napoleonics in here in Michigan? harumpf.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2008 8:53 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Dillingham wrote:
... What does one have to do to get a game of Napoleonics in here in Michigan? harumpf.

Develop a set of Napoleonic rules, based on Flames of War? Wink

I have both AB and Essex in my collection, and I certainly wouldn't mix them in a unit, but the 2 units next to each other on the battlefield do not raise eyebrows. The main advantage for me was that Eureka sell AB's singlely, and I had wasted command poses from Essex packs. But as others have said, AB's are the Rolls Royce of Napoleonic figures. And probably ACW & 20mm WW2, too! Oh, and their Ancients are also brilliant!

(Obviously for 15mm WW2, it's Battlefront all the way..... Laughing )

Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2008 7:43 am Reply with quoteBack to top

A french sculptor here : http://www.atoufigs.com/

You can find for napoleonics here http://www.atoufigs.com/PBCPPlayer.asp?ID=193322 :
- French Revolutionnary
- French 1812
- Russians 1812
- Poles 1812
- Ottomans 1790-1820

Next :
- French 1805
- Russians 1805

Wink

PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2008 5:28 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Check out Campaign games minis. Nicely scupltured and look good beside AB and Eureka minis. Paintig my Dutch and Belgan infantry at the moment. The link to Campaign Game Minitures is www.campaign-game-minitures.com

Steve
sparks

PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2008 5:31 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Check out Campaign games minis. Nicely scupltured and look good beside AB and Eureka minis. Paintig my Dutch and Belgan infantry at the moment. The link to Campaign Game Minitures is [url]http//:www.campaigngameminitures.com[/url]
HobbyDr

PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2008 12:41 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Your link did not work, but I did manage to find a site that had the Campaign line. You are correct--- those Dutch and Belgian troops look great. Nice poses and good detail. Can't wait to see them painted up.

Don

wayne

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2008 7:24 am Reply with quoteBack to top

http://www.campaign-game-miniatures.com/

That should work

they look quite nice. Did you get their own stuff or some of the other manufacturers they sell?

Here's pic of their French cuirassiers from the site:

You know... from Battlefront...
sparks

PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2008 6:27 am Reply with quoteBack to top

hi Wayne
Campaign's own models. ie Duch Miltia advancing and Belgian March attck and firning line. Hope to have some wips post this Thursday in the gallery. Dermot, one of the owners of Campaign Games reckons he well have Dutch cav out around September. Also heard that he has Brunswick in the pipeline as well.

Cheers
Steve
Evan

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2008 2:08 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I'll look forward to seeing those! I've branched out recently into some of the OG15 Naps and they're not to bad on the whole - the cavalry horse are pretty good in the packs I got (Dutch/belgian Carib.) but the riders are a little small, also the Nassuaers were quite nice but the grenadier figures are shorter than the center company figures!

cheers,

Evan

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic