Napofow Forum Index
 FAQ  •  Search  •  Memberlist  •  Usergroups   •  Register  •  Profile  •  Log in to check your private messages  •  Log in
 How to get people into NapoFoW View next topic
View previous topic
Del'pech

PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2008 1:03 am Reply with quoteBack to top

So...I'd like to bring the wonders of NapoFoW to my local gaming store and I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions on how to interest people in the game.Thanks in advance for all the replies.
General Laird

PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2008 10:31 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I've managed to get interest at my club and other neighbouring clubs of ours by simply playing it, showing ti off ot people and the fact that Victory in the Ages is simple which people don't normally link with Napoleonics
View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mailVisit poster's websiteMSN Messenger
Figjam

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2008 12:10 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I have contacted two local clubs, played a demo at one with favourable comments and yet to organise a game at the second.

The first club had a slight problem with burglary and have since folded and are looking for temporary accomadation.

G.L. can you post some pics of units. I have based all infantry on medium stands with 6 figures a stand. The rules indicate 4 for line and 3 for light.

Line infantry stand

Light infantry stand
Image[/img]

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2008 11:09 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I've gone 2 better i have 8 on a Base for my Prussians. I've just completed a 3000pt army of them and im working on a Russian 1500 now but i'd like to add bit and pieces to these 2 armies over time.

I'd love to add piccies but i don't know how on these forums. Confused
View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mailVisit poster's websiteMSN Messenger
Del'pech

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2008 11:28 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Thanks for the replies guys! I wanna demo the game but I don't wanna spend too much $ yet so I was wondering if 300pt forces would be good for demos.They'd be cheap and quick to paint.What do you guys think?
Figjam

PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2008 12:30 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Hey Del'pech, the following link shows two 750pt brigades so half the number of figures/units would be about 300pts.

http://forumnapofow.free.fr/viewtopic.php?p=1093#1093

PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2008 4:01 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Thanks Figjam! I've decided that 300pt forces will be best for demo games as I'm short on $ and once I get people interested they'll buy their own minis.300pt forces will also mean that I can get them fully painted quickly.This is what I've been thinking of buying from Battlehonors:

1 pack of French Hussars
1 pack of French Line Infantry Marching
1 pack of German Infantry, Shako March Attack
1 pack of Grenzers and Jagers

it's enough for two bare bones 300pt forces and it's $68.The French force will incorporate cavalry and the Austrian force will use light infantry.That should cover the basics and later on I could add some artillery to the demos.What do you guys think? Is that enough? Or should I wait until I can purchase bigger demo forces?
Figjam

PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2008 5:45 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Give it ago. There are still some mistakes in the Victory in the Ages rules such as "similtaneous movement but each side takes it in turn", I use 6 figures a base not 4 or 3 as indicated, so work out how you are going to interpret these.
I played a couple of small games with relatively no terrain so add hedges and walls, small woods or copse of trees. It will make for a better demo.
I like the rules but would like to see more variation in the different nations battalion sizes, ie Britain, Austria and Russia.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2008 2:42 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Yea, I think 6 infantry per base is nice.Russia should have infantry brigades instead of Battalions just like in FoW they use Battalions instead of companies.
General Laird

PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2008 2:49 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

The current 4 models is a rought guide and allows people to get forces on the cheap. Its not an end all just suddgestions. It's the same as the old original set.

The only varient between diffrent nations is number of compnaies allowed in Battalions varying from 1 ,2,3 and 4 and more for Russians who can have a whopping 8! wihtout attached units.
Del'pech

PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2008 12:08 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Well I'm gonna get what I listed above but in addition I'm gonna get 1 pack more for each force and I'm wondering what I should get.Should I get one pack of artillery for each force or should I get another pack of infantry for them?
Del'pech

PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2008 11:04 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Alright,well I ended up ordering this:

2xFrench Infantry packs
1xFrench Hussars pack
1xFrench Foot Artillery pack

and:

2xAustrian Infantry packs
1xAustrian Jagers pack
1xAustrian Foot Artillery pack

So now the demo will include a bit of everything! I can't wait to get 'em and start Demoing "Victory in the Ages" at my local store. Very Happy I'll post a battle report once I play a game!
Del'pech

PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2008 8:15 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

General Laird wrote:
I've gone 2 better i have 8 on a Base for my Prussians. I've just completed a 3000pt army of them and im working on a Russian 1500 now but i'd like to add bit and pieces to these 2 armies over time.

I'd love to add piccies but i don't know how on these forums. Confused
What you have to do is get an account on a site like photobucket and upload your pics on to it.If you use photobucket you just select the pics and click on "generate img codes" and paste it into your post.Hope I helped.Very Happy
Del'pech

PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2008 1:40 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Well I got my minis today! I still need to go pick up some FoW bases at my local store.I'll post some pics once I paint 'em up.I really want to start demoing VitA as soon as possible.Oh and sorry for the quadruple post Sad
Del'pech

PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2009 11:05 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Ok well I've been focused on LotR as of late but am getting back into Napoleonics.I'm gonna be using these lists on Sunday to demo the game,what do you think of 'em

French List

Brigadier General and adjutant-100

Line Battalion with three companies and attached 1/2 battery of artillery-215

Line Battalion with three companies-130

Light Cavalry Company with two squadrons-100

Full Light Artillery Battery-125

Total-670

Austrian List

Brigadier General and adjutant-50

Line Battalion with four companies and attached light company-210

Line Battalion with four companies and attached 1/2 battery of light artillery-205

Light cavalry company with two squadrons-85

Full Light Artillery Battery-125

Total=675

I've painted one battalion of austrians and one of french so far.How would you expand the lists?

W/D/L

Le Grand Armee-1/0/2

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic