Napofow Forum Index
 FAQ  •  Search  •  Memberlist  •  Usergroups   •  Register  •  Profile  •  Log in to check your private messages  •  Log in
 Victory in the Ages (Cheltenham Warchiefs) View next topic
View previous topic
Nicofig
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2008 7:27 am Reply with quoteBack to top

The Cheltenham Warchiefs add-on

The rules

The referencesheet

Very Happy

PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2008 5:04 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Just thought i'd mention that our club now has the hopefuly final insatllment of the rules set version 1.5! so check it out as the one on here will be out of date
View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mailVisit poster's websiteMSN Messenger
Del'pech

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2008 2:37 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Where can I find the new version?

Edit: I found the site but I can't download the new rules as it tells me it doesn't exist. Shocked Is it just my computer or are the rules not available(sorry, I'm not a computer genius).
Del'pech

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2008 5:07 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Anyone......? This forum seems dead.
General Laird

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2008 10:48 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Yeah their a little technical glitch at the moment, but it's going to be sorted tomorrow the army lists cans till be dowloaded though if you'd like i can
e-mail it all to you
View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mailVisit poster's websiteMSN Messenger
Del'pech

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2008 10:58 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

If you could Email it to me that would be great! My email is juancarlosrub@aol.com
General Laird

PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2008 10:35 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

The Glitch has been fixed. How have you found the rules so far?
Del'pech

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2008 10:04 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I like the rules quite a bit.They're not complicated and they seem good.I still haven't played a game though but hopefully I'll be able to "convince" some local players to try it out with proxies.
General Laird

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2008 10:59 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I've been doing some reading and looking around the forum and people's suggestions in general to stuff.
And i've changed the artillery in my version of NAPO. The current rules for attached artillery now apply to battalion light artillery and Line battalion now can't have attached batteries but the new ones can assist any unit in combat rather than designatiing just onemaking them flexible and worth taking.
And the rule has been re worded so it's grape from previous round not shot. When seeing if you can assit in defensive fire.
Del'pech

PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2008 12:12 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Couple of questions:

1.What's the firepower of muskets and rifles? I can't seem to find it.

2.For the Reserves mission,how many battalions do we keep off board at the beginning?

3.The "Game Scale" section says the Russians use brigades where other countries use battalions but in the army list they still use "battalions".Just wondering if this could be re-worded to make it clearer.

That's about it.I'll make sure to take notes and write down any questions at my first game this Sunday.
General Laird

PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2008 12:22 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

1. They don't have a firepower rating unless shooting at buildings and defended troops etc and they're on the advanced rules i believe and are 6+

2. I didn't write the scenario's and i think they need serious changing but haven't got round to it. The Reserves rules normally states half, rounding up.It can be found at the beginning of the scenario's section

3. The wording isn't really a problem i feel but i'll include an example if it's not already in. Basically they get 2x as much for Artillery Battery but doesn't affect their Infantry or Cavalry and it just means your wording is slightly diffrent on your army list.*
*(this will be reviewed though to see if it's relevant rule)

All these changes are now on the CWC website for you.

Last edited by General Laird on Wed Sep 10, 2008 1:33 pm; edited 1 time in total
Del'pech

PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2008 12:10 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Thanks for the reply!
General Laird

PostPosted: Sat Sep 20, 2008 6:35 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

New URL for CWC is www.cheltenhamwarchiefs.co.uk/home for anyone that wants latest updated Victory in the Ages.
I've also been running a Trial list from the one currently available which includes some of the feedback people gave me about all the armies almost being the same in quality but having different organsisation and special rules which made them unique so if anyone would like a copy to look at give us a e-mail.
General Laird

PostPosted: Sun Oct 12, 2008 7:46 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Just wanted to say for all those that use our edited system i'll be uploading the newly layed out and edited rules in the coming week.
General Laird

PostPosted: Sat Jan 03, 2009 7:54 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

quick mention.

The newest Errata is online with the changes stated in the Army lists and Rules.

Few new things for a bit more variety nothing major. As I've said before this is a growing project like civilisation or sim city so I apologise for having this changes every few months but it's all work towards an ideal system.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic