Napofow Forum Index
 FAQ  •  Search  •  Memberlist  •  Usergroups   •  Register  •  Profile  •  Log in to check your private messages  •  Log in
 Demo Game Log View next topic
View previous topic
Del'pech

PostPosted: Sun Sep 28, 2008 1:22 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I'm gonna be posting battle reports of my demo games here.I'm gonna try and get one in next sunday.I played one already and my French were massacred by the Austrians due to horrible rolling on my part and great rolling on my opponent's part.I'll try to take a camera to my next demo game.
General Laird

PostPosted: Sun Sep 28, 2008 6:15 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

That'll be cracking to see how someone else gets on with CWC rules.
I'd love to here your feedback for any possible loop holes pitfalls etc.

I couldn't have your reports, pic's etc for our website to show people of how sucessful it's been so far? Embarassed I'd only need one Smile
View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mailVisit poster's websiteMSN Messenger
Del'pech

PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2008 12:49 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I'll try to make a nice battle report next time.You can add it to your site once I write it up.
General Laird

PostPosted: Sat Oct 04, 2008 4:15 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Fantastic, I'd do one myself but at the moment my club is running a few tournaments, im trying to sort out Napo rules and a large game I'm running for rememberance day, 2 armies needing painted and some new FoW Soviet stuff to add to my 5K force. So all hands to the pump over hear but when I get the chance to show off the huge forces and fantastic scenery we have I will. (might even get it up as a few short videos!)
View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mailVisit poster's websiteMSN Messenger
Del'pech

PostPosted: Sun Oct 05, 2008 11:52 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Well,I was able to play against two different people today.They both agreed that the rules were good.Sadly though,I forgot to take my camera to the store.The first game was a victory for me.The second game was a defeat.
Figjam

PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2008 11:09 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I introduced three long time wargamers to NapFoW on the weekend. We used the CWC rules.
The opposing forces were an Austrian Brigade and a French "German" allied Brigade.

Austrian setup with their main force positioned off centre to the right supported by a light cavalry brigade.

And on the left flank a battalion of grenadiers, two small light infantry battalions, 1 company of Line infantry with an attachment and 2 full batteries of light cannon and one half battery of heavy artillery.

French "German" setup

The French "German" force moved first, with a general advance.

The French General advanced a 3 squadron French Chasseur unit towards the hill on the Austrian's left hoping to reach this before the Austrian artillery that was positioned behind it could reach the top.

He should now be known as Seigneur (Lord) Cardigan.

The Austrian cavalry seeing that they were facing French heavy cavalry moved to take up position behind the Austrian centre.

2nd move. The French "German" again took the initiative and advanced closure to the village. Bavarian Light infantry providing a skirmish screen for the "Germans" battalions

The French Light battalions took refuge behind the hedges lining the road on the French "German" right flank.

The Austrians continued to advance on their right while their Lancers and Hussars made for the church. On the left flank the Austrian artillery had crested the hill and took up their firing positions.

They then fired on the approaching Chasseurs.

With the follow result

Excited by their artillery barrage the Austrians took the initiative from the French “Germans” force and advanced towards the village.

On the their right flank the first Austrian battalion could see the massing French cavalry and decided it was wise to form a square leaving their Light infantry attachment to form a skirmish screen to protect them from any fire.

The “Germans” now entered the village.

While on the French “Germans” right flank the Austrian artillery was out of range and fell to the “Germans” heavy artillery.

The French “Germans” win back the initiative and one of the “German” battalion occupies the houses whilst the “Germans” grenadiers change into line ready to attack the Austrian Hussar unit in the church yard.

the left flank the French heavy cavalry charge into the Light infantry skirmish screen.

Wiping them out and breaking through to the 2nd Austrian battalion now also in square

A short engagement and the French withdraw

The French “Germans” move again, and fire artillery on the Austrian square directly in front of the French Cavalry forcing a withdrawal. On the other side of the battle field the French Light battalions move along the road and take up position next to the “German” grenadiers.

The Austrians now move to the hedge readying themselves for the assault.

The French “Germans” control the die and move first yet again. The French heavies change their formation and in the assault phase hit the remaining Austrian square. After a short combat it too flees the field.

The “German” grenadiers assault the Austrian Hussars lurking in the church yard and the Hussars withdraw before to much damage is done.

The Austrians are now feeling the pressure on them and try to face done the French Cuirassiers with their Light cavalry supported by their own heavy cavalry.

After a survey of the battle field and a check of the time all players agreed that the French “Germans” side had won, well only the French “Germans” believed this. The game went longer than expected and this was because of lack of familiarity with the rules. We are organizing another game but before that we will have some rule interpretations done.

For example when both armies have troops against the hedges beside the road can they see each other.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2008 2:32 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Looks like you had a good game. I hope you enjoyed the game and the rules worked. Thier are a few unclear areas I have tried to cover these areas within the rules (the hedge rule in the advanced rules section) and make sure I explain what can be done and not done.

My main suggestion to people is to decide house rules before hand on certain things and of course you can add your own little rules for uncovered areas you come across and send them over to me for verication. Cool
Another good guide line is to refer to the normal FoW rules for some ideas on what to do with LOS and mostly complicated combat over terrain.As I've not had time yet to get it in but I will for New Year. So keep playing and any areas i need to look at send them over to me and I can try and sort them out.

I hope the game was quicker than a normal Napo game would take using other rule sets. Very Happy
Del'pech

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2008 2:59 am Reply with quoteBack to top

How many points was this? it looks pretty big.

W/D/L

Le Grand Armee-1/0/2
Figjam

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2008 6:00 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Points for this game 2500. I didn't have enough of any one single nation so I made up the forces by using a bit of everything. French Light infantry with British battalion commanders, Wurtemburg Light infantry as Austrian Light infantry and Brunswick infantry for French allies, the "Germans".

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic