Napofow Forum Index
 FAQ  •  Search  •  Memberlist  •  Usergroups   •  Register  •  Profile  •  Log in to check your private messages  •  Log in
 My FoW rules: "1805-Age of Emperors" View next topic
View previous topic
BenS

PostPosted: Sun Aug 20, 2006 11:53 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I havn't read the rules here but I've written my own out a while ago also based on FoW. I was wondering if anyone has the patience to check these out for me for local gaming use. ALSO. What do you guys think of Old Glory minatures? At my local store it should cost me for about $235 for a 1500 point army using my rule system: My game is based on Brigade size battles based in 1805.

French army, 1500pts. French are rated Fearless Vetrans.

General and Adjutant (2 medium stands)

1xInfantry Battalion with Light Company attached (1xsmall stand and 6xMedium Line stands and 2xLight infantry stands)

1xInfantry Battalion with Light Company attached (1xsmall stand and 6xMedium Line stands and 2xLight infantry stands)

1xGrenadier Battalion (1xsmall stand, 6xMedium stands)

1xFull Medium Cavalry Troop (1xmedium, 6xLarge stands)

1x Light Artillery Battery aka 6pdrs (2xLarge stands)

1x Heavy Artillery Battery aka 12pdrs (2xLarge Stands)

Figures on bases?

General and Adjutant and ALL CO's- 2 Cavalry models per base
Infantry- 4 per line/grenadier stand, 3 per light infantry stand
Cavalry- 4 per cavalry stand, 3 per light cavalry stand.

cost for the full army will be $235 PLUS BF stands using Old Glory minatures.

PM if interested in rules...

Hey noobs, I'm going like, going like, Pwn you noobs. Cause I pwn you, I pwn like pretty hard and stuff right. I'm going to give you some spank, just like you're like Kyle and you suck arse at all the games you try to play.
Nicofig
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Aug 20, 2006 6:57 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

If you want I can have your rules on the website so everyone could be download it Very Happy
Send to nicofig at hotmail.fr
View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mailVisit poster's websiteMSN Messenger
BenS

PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2006 6:30 am Reply with quoteBack to top

That would be great, I've just finished revising my original rules but I need to revise the army lists and makes htem less generic and more individual. After that then sure! Thanks.

Hey noobs, I'm going like, going like, Pwn you noobs. Cause I pwn you, I pwn like pretty hard and stuff right. I'm going to give you some spank, just like you're like Kyle and you suck arse at all the games you try to play.
Nicofig
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2006 2:21 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

We will be very happy to read yours rules Very Happy
View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mailVisit poster's websiteMSN Messenger
Dillingham
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2006 3:07 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Would love to read your rules. Have we posted them anywhere yet, NicoFig?
Either on the mailing list's files section or somewhere here?

Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2006 3:25 am Reply with quoteBack to top

No, I haven't the document for that. As soon as I recieve the rules, you can download here. Very Happy
BenS

PostPosted: Sat Oct 07, 2006 1:59 am Reply with quoteBack to top

sorry guys, got busy at uni etc. I'll give the rules out soon- just need to play test them quickly. Awesome news tho- depends on how you look at it.

An elderly man recently passed away and none of his relatives wanted his Napoleonic minatures- apparently he has bucket loads of minatures and a friend of mines uncle was the lawyer dealing out the will. So managed to score all the models for me for free!!! I know bad way to get them but saves me alot of money and I can know try out my rules. I gave them to someone in the FOW forum in New Zealand to playtest but havn't heard back from him in a few months now. He said that they make sense from a FoW point of view but didn't hear anything about game play.

I like my rules at the moment its more army lists that need the work. I have generic lists and the points cost different and then there are special rules. Ie. French have Elan which allows french troops to re-roll motivation tests. And French can upgrade to Imperial Guard which makes their morale better.

BenS

PostPosted: Sat Oct 07, 2006 2:29 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

OK, I've sent the stuff to nicfig.

I changed the name to 'Victory in the Ages, 1805'. I also sent an Army list thing, I think its pretty self explanatory but email me at ben.seib@gmail.com or pm me.

Ben

Nicofig
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Oct 07, 2006 3:57 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

You can download the Ben's Rules here :

http://forumnapofow.free.fr/viewtopic.php?t=36

Thank you very much, Ben Very Happy
BenS

PostPosted: Sun Oct 08, 2006 5:02 am Reply with quoteBack to top

realised I left one oversight in the rules/army lists

when picking a list you must have the minimum Core Battalion numbers. Ie. 2-8 Infantry Battalions means you must have 2 Infantry Battalions (2 platoons in FOW scale) but can have up to 8.

then comes Elite Battalions- so elite troops but aren't deployed at Division/Corps level, IE. Grenadier and Light Infantry Battalions. These have a number like 0-1 etc. These are effectivly Weapon Choices in FOW, you can have up to the max number so '0-1 Grenadier Battalion' means you can only have 1 Grenadier Battalion in your army.

Then there are Division Battalions. Think of these as Support options. Division Battalions are most of the cavalry choices and heavier artillery- stuff that was attached or placed at Corps/Division level not Battalion. You can have 1 Division Battalions per 1 Core Battalion we may want to make it 2 Division Battalions per 1 Core Battalions if we can't make the points up for 1500 point battles

The points system is designed for points based battles, ie both armies choose a 1500 point force. However because its Battalion level well I guess Brigade Level really. You can play Histroic battles with it easy.

Nicofig
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Oct 08, 2006 5:05 am Reply with quoteBack to top

If you want, you can send me the corrected version.
BenS

PostPosted: Sun Oct 08, 2006 7:36 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Nicofig wrote:
If you want, you can send me the corrected version.

yea, I was re-reading and picked out a few spelling and grammatical essays- THANKS MSOFFICE-

I'll have to go through it again- most of the errors are small enough that they don't change anything but if theres any trouble I'll submit a 2nd ed.

Wellington

PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2007 2:09 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I just printed out the rules and am reading through them. I like them so far, but just to let people know, if you dont have the money at the time, you can download Paper figs for free at www.juinorgeneral.org, these will work for playtesting reasons.

http://minibattles.freeforums.org/portal.php Join this forum right now for miniature discussion for all periods
opsofficer

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2007 2:24 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

http://www.juniorgeneral.org/

Is the correct URL Wink

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic