Napofow Forum Index
 FAQ  •  Search  •  Memberlist  •  Usergroups   •  Register  •  Profile  •  Log in to check your private messages  •  Log in
 Point d’Rupture game during the Christmas break View next topic
View previous topic
wayne

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2008 9:33 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Myself (Wayne Turner), Evan Allen, Jon Palmer, Pete Palmer (no relation), and Kelly Gay had a game of Point d'Rupture around at Jon Palmer's house in Palmerston North New Zealand on the Saturday after Christmas.

Here are a few pictures I took during the game, quality is a bit sus as I'm still learning to use my camera.

French side were Evan, Jon and Myself. British were Kelly and Pete.

British were all painted by Kelly, French painted by Evan.

You know... from Battlefront...
HobbyDr

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2008 11:07 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

First of all, GREAT looking battlefield and figures. Very impressive. I do have a few questions, though, if you have the time.

First, what was the scope of this battle? Was it Corps vs Corps, or Division vs Division? We are sort of familiar with Evan's Regimental OOB (Order Of Basing), so I assume the smaller units are Regiments of Battalions, or am I wrong? In fact, was this battle fought with the WIP Rules Evan has told us about? I ask because I noticed the British figures were not only not mounted on FOW stands, but they didn't all seem to conform to the FOW sizes. I couldn't tell for sure (I may be wrong), but it looks like in the 19th picture there are 16 figures on a wider base. In fact, how many figures were there on each side? And lastly, who won? Wink

Excuse me for asking so many questions. Up to now, I believed I wanted to fight Brigade-sized battles with bases representing individual companies, but your pictures show exactly what I want to see in a Napoleonic encounter. If I can fight large scale battles with this density of figures, I could be a very satisfied gamer.

Don

Evan

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2008 11:35 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

The game was Corps vs Corps - same rules & basing as I've been prattling on about! & yes they are regiments/brigade sixed units in the main. Some of the British are mounted on card bases that are the same size as FoW bases but without the rounded corners - a couple are the equivalent of 3 medium bases. The French won Cool yay my team Very Happy It was a hard battle that took about 4 hours all up with the British side keeping the French at bay for most of the game - even giving them a bloody nose on occasion, but in the end a couple of lucky breaks with the dice turned a looming draw into a great French victory Exclamation

The table top is made from teddy bear fur with squares etc sprayed on in varying sizes etc to simulate fields 'n stuff. With that effect you don't need to much other terrain before it looks quite busy.

cheers,

Evan
HobbyDr

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2008 11:44 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Quote:
a couple are the equivalent of 3 medium bases.

Whew! Glad to know I wasn't seeing things. Wink

One more question. Does one cannon model represent one battery, or does it take two?

Don

Evan

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2008 12:31 am Reply with quoteBack to top

we've been using two for most but the Russians get three for their larger batteries.

cheers,

Evan
HobbyDr

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2008 12:50 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Well that's good, as I am collecting a Russian force now. I think an interesting thing about the cannons produced by AB is the trunnions are cast on the carriage and not on the barrell, as most mfrs do. I think it gives a better, more realistic fit.

BTW, do you know if the Russians had any B4 203mm howitzers at the Great Redoubt at Borodino? Laughing (Bagration is coming. I've got my fingers crossed. Wink )

Don

richard

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2008 9:18 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Purely inspiring.... Now THAT is what I am talking about!

Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2008 8:21 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Nice pictures Shocked

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic