Napofow Forum Index
 FAQ  •  Search  •  Memberlist  •  Usergroups   •  Register  •  Profile  •  Log in to check your private messages  •  Log in
 Getting Started with an army? View next topic
View previous topic
Wellington

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2006 4:23 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

What are some good compainies to buy miniatures and paints from/ How much do you think i will have to spend to get a 1500 pt army/

Thanks!!

http://minibattles.freeforums.org/portal.php Join this forum right now for miniature discussion for all periods
JonasB

PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2006 8:15 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Hi Wellington and welcome to the board.

Personally, I think that AB make the best Napoleonic miniatures. However, they are a bit larger than other makes, more like 18mm than 15mm, and are also the most expensive on the market. They can be ordered from www.fighting15s.co.uk if you are in Europe, or directly from www.eurekamin.com.au if you are down under. Can’t remember the American distributor. There are many different makers of nice figures though, and many different opinions on which miniatures are the best.

When it comes to paint, I tend to prefer a Spanish brand called Vallejo. They have an extensive line of colors, and the pigment in their paints are usually very good. If you have the money for them (and treat them well) Windsor & Newton series 7 brushes will last you years, and they are simply the best brushes available.

Now, as to your question concerning a 1500 point army, you must realize that this is so far just a work in progress. These rules are in the very early stages, and are in no way sanctioned or endorsed by Battlefront. We are currently just tinkering with basic mechanics, and it will be a long time before we get to balanced army lists and points values.

So, I suggest you get some FoW bases, and some basic infantry miniatures from the country you prefer, and base up a battalion or two. This will let you play test the ‘rules in progress’ to see if you like them and to suggest changes.

Again, welcome to the community.

Jonas
Wellington

PostPosted: Sun Jul 23, 2006 12:13 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Thanks for everything, I was looking at oldglory napolianics minatures, but they are 25mm. I prefer a 15mm version/scale. When you remember the american vendor, will you please list them. Thanks for everything i really like what you guys are doing.

http://minibattles.freeforums.org/portal.php Join this forum right now for miniature discussion for all periods
Templar

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2008 3:24 am Reply with quoteBack to top

http://eurekaminusa.com/

If you are still interested.
HobbyDr

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2008 5:42 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Old Glory 15mm Napoleonics are available in the US here:

http://www.warweb.com/15mm-miniatures-napoleonic-c-70_138_1417_325.html

Don

General Laird

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2008 10:54 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Yes i agree that AB make the better minatures but mixing them with oldglroy15s is what i think is best becasue if your doing alot of troops or more than 4 on a base its cheaper and yuor can buy the better command,cavalry and artillery models to make them look good
View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mailVisit poster's websiteMSN Messenger
Templar

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2008 1:37 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I thought AB was larger then the Old Glory figs.
HobbyDr

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2008 4:14 am Reply with quoteBack to top

AB are marginally bigger than Old Glory, but I think close enough to mix in the same unit, if necessary. They can certainly oppose each other without difficulty. The following link takes you to another thread where I have a picture comparing them. There is also a picture comparing an AB with an old Heritage figure. These you could not mix in the same unit, but I think they could oppose each other, as well. Of course, the AB figs should get an impetus and morale advantage over any smaller enemies. Wink

http://forumnapofow.free.fr/viewtopic.php?t=231

Don

richard

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2008 8:51 am Reply with quoteBack to top

HobbyDr wrote:
... Of course, the AB figs should get an impetus and morale advantage over any smaller enemies. Wink

Of course. Did I mention that most of my little guys are AB, while my main opponant mostly uses Old Glory......... Damn!

Richard

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic