Napofow Forum Index
 FAQ  •  Search  •  Memberlist  •  Usergroups   •  Register  •  Profile  •  Log in to check your private messages  •  Log in
 Crimea View next topic
View previous topic
wayne

PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2007 11:53 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Hi Guys,

I've just got myself a bunch of the Eureka Miniatures 18mm Crimean war miniatures. I was just wondering if anybody had any thoughts on taking the Napoleonic FOW concept and modifying it for Crimea.

You know... from Battlefront...
HobbyDr

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2007 2:03 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

wayne wrote:
Hi Guys,

I've just got myself a bunch of the Eureka Miniatures 18mm Crimean war miniatures. I was just wondering if anybody had any thoughts on taking the Napoleonic FOW concept and modifying it for Crimea.

Well Wayne, as the "Napoleonic FOW concept" seems to be waiting for someone from....you know, Battlefront... to actually come up with the "Napoleonic FOW concept", if you know someone from...you know, Battlefront...and that someone does come up with the "Napoleonic FOW concept", well then, I guess you're halfway there. Wink Of course, it depends on if anyone does know someone from....you know, Battlefront. (Sorry Wayne, I couldn't resist.)

I see no reason why a successful Napoleonic concept couldn't be modified to a period as late as ACW. Tell you what, if you help spark the completion of the Napoleonic rules, I promise to bone up on the Crimea, and help you modify it. Into the Valley of Death, brother.

Don

Wellington

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2007 6:23 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Wayne, when will battlefront be able to release some ideas on the rules? Any way at all that anyone here can help?

Thanks!

http://minibattles.freeforums.org/portal.php Join this forum right now for miniature discussion for all periods
Dillingham
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2007 5:41 am Reply with quoteBack to top

wayne wrote:
Hi Guys,

I think its a great idea.
We probably need some more foundation on the Napoleonic FoW concept though.
Still, I also think it would work well up through the ACW and even having some kind of eventual segway into the WWI project they're working on ... at some point, of course.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2007 5:48 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Well the FOW ruleset can easily be converted to any era, but what were doing here with the Napy ruleset, is fleshing it out a little more to fit the Smoke and Sword perieod nicely.

Dillingham, we should all start compiling together ideas and such, and begin actually writing the rules, I just started, and you posted what you thought... Do you have any ideas?

http://minibattles.freeforums.org/portal.php Join this forum right now for miniature discussion for all periods
Nicofig
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2007 8:26 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Yes I agree. It's only NapoIIIFow Wink
There is some difference beetween this periods but nothing really insurmountable. We have already amendments for the war of 1870.
View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mailVisit poster's websiteMSN Messenger
wayne

PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2007 11:10 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Thanks guys, Pretty much what I thought. If napoleonics is a goer, you guys will of course be invited to playtest.

But to be honest the whole 2nd period thing is still up in the air and under debate. But Napoleonics gets my vote at least.

I've painted some of my Crimean War Russians now, I just have to get Casey to take some photos.

You know... from Battlefront...

Last edited by wayne on Sat Jul 21, 2007 10:04 am; edited 1 time in total
Wellington

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2007 1:56 am Reply with quoteBack to top

What are the choices you wonderfull staff have at battlefront? (sorry for being a kiss ass Very Happy )

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic