Napofow Forum Index
 FAQ  •  Search  •  Memberlist  •  Usergroups   •  Register  •  Profile  •  Log in to check your private messages  •  Log in
 Who are you ? View next topic
View previous topic
Caesar

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2007 4:17 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Walter, late-40's, Alabama.

I have tried a few Napoleonics systems but none clicked for me. Never, EVER want to play Empire again. Enjoyed VnB as a game but dislike all the big square bases. Something along the lines of FnF for Nappies would float my boat, which is about what FoW minus template weapons feels like to me.

Don't have any special knowledge of the period, and I like 15mm's because I don't have to go insane matching ribbons and lace and plumes.
richard

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2008 9:00 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Richard , 38, SW Sydney, NSW Australia

Hi all!

I have been gaming for just off 20 years now, since I discovered a Friendly Gaming Shop in a nearby suburb, got talking to the owner, and got diverted from the modern micro-armour that caught my eye, to Dark Age Ancients. Go Figure!

Since then my interests have changed direction more quickly than a bike ridden by a kid with ADD. I have veered from 15mm Alexander The Great, all the way to 40K Imperial Guard, and passing by most eras on the way. As all good wargamers should, I have my own (Not inconsiderable!) bodyweight in unpainted lead!

I have Brits and Jerrys for FOW, although I haven't played more than a couple of times, and Brits and Frogs for the Peninnsula War.(Currently based for Shako... but I just LOVE rebasing!)

But that's enough from me! Very Happy

Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2008 6:01 am Reply with quoteBack to top

It is good to have you all here, and if I haven't welcomed you personally, please know that I am watching and always happy to see a new account that I actually get to activate instead of deleting.

... so many deleted accounts ... so many spammers ...

LOL! anyway, that's not you guys' concern. What is though is posting and contributing to the collective project and compilation of insights, so I welcome you all to please post and contribute ... no matter what your level of knowledge or experience. The whole point is to somehow loosen up the old grognards and mingle them with the newly initiated so that we somehow end up with a far more accessible final product.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2008 11:13 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Dillingham wrote:
Quote:
... no matter what your level of knowledge or experience. The whole point is to somehow loosen up the old grognards and mingle them with the newly initiated so that we somehow end up with a far more accessible final product.

And after all, wasn't it this philosophy that was the strength of the French army----conscripts of all ages and experiences forged together to make an alloy stronger thay the individual parts. And everyone was allowed to contribute. What is the old saying, "In every private's knapsack is a Marshall's baton?"

Don

Dillingham
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2008 2:56 am Reply with quoteBack to top

HobbyDr wrote:
And after all, wasn't it this philosophy that was the strength of the French army----conscripts of all ages and experiences forged together to make an alloy stronger thay the individual parts. And everyone was allowed to contribute. What is the old saying, "In every private's knapsack is a Marshall's baton?"

Yes, exactly.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2008 8:11 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Chris, Newcastle Australia.

I started wargaming around 1975, first with WWII and Napoleonics then I moved over to Ancients. I had a short break and came back to gaming Warhammer Fantasy.

I mainly collect and paint figures for relaxation and the visual appearance of massed figures is pleasing to me. I have already downloaded the gallery.

I have a good range of 15mm AB figures all based to suit a set of converted Warhammer Rogue Trader rules. But they are fidderly to move as some of the figures in each Battalion are on single bases.

I am waiting for the completed set of NapFoW and then I will rebase my figures have a few games with them and then put them back on the shelve to look at.

Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2008 10:07 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Welcome to the forum, Chris (figgy).
Look forward to your contributions.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2008 4:55 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Howdy chaps

Chris 40 ish

brisvegas

moulding and casting quality resin products for all you chaps hey some one has to cast the stuff we cant have bare tables now can we Smile

would love BF to do naps love to play flames of war but am dissallusioned with the people who just want to tank you to death so I dont play anymore I sure hope napfow does not go the same 40k way of maxing out your support choices [and i have got the biggest baddest toys] I just want a good historical fair fight if you dont know what i mean check out the earlywar forum and just listen to them talking about how many char b1,s they can squeeze into there companys for me they just ruin it Crying or Very sad gentlemen gamers who want a good stoush with a historical force is what we need . currently I am playing seven years war and find it quite refreshing and fun to play.

I will try to contribute to this forum and I will even try a game of naps or two but remember FOW is a different kettle of fish to NAPS there will be heaps of teething problems

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2008 10:39 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Matt College Student in Socal

FOW is my first wargame and I am looking to expand into other areas. Right now I like the idea a smaller sized untis and this time scale.

now just to get painting 400 redcoats....

General Laird

PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2008 10:37 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Scott - Cheltenham - Gloucestershire - England

I've been playing warames since the age of about 3 mainly with the old green plastics you could get from the corner shop for 99p but wheni was about 8-9 jumped into GW stuff. Not greatest fan of 40K but i love Guard, Massive Warhammer Fantasy player and still going with my VC 10 years later.
I play loads of diffrent games i've got stuff for Warmachine, Battlefleet Gothic, FoW, Bloodbowl, Mordheim, Big Warmaster ancients army, couple of Napoleonic armies, ECW army, Wings of War.... the list goes on.

I love painting massive armies and the smaller the scale the better becasue i can get out my skills and go mental by painting eyes on 10mm, individually different Barbarian army for warmaster 2k like wayne a big Russian player love them and my FoW army is 5k of Infantry but i'm working on the tanks.

Emm i'm my local gaming clubs website Editor and i converted the Victory in the Ages rules posted on here to fill in the holes left and fix some of the problems we saw with it. It's going storng with 10 gamers at our club with armies.

Ow yeah I'm almost 20 and a postie.
View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mailVisit poster's websiteMSN Messenger
Kutusov

PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2008 5:34 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Hello, I'm Bart

Almost 40, married with kids, living in Minnesota, USA.

I have been gaming with miniatures (mostly historicals) since the early 1980's. Painted and/or played almost every possible period under the sun, but my main interests have been WWII, ACW and Napoleonics. I've been out of the hobby for around 10 years or so and am just starting to get involved again.

I owned first edition FOW but sold it on, now looking at getting 2nd edition. There is a decent-sized group in my area playing the game, so I'm intrigued, especially since it's getting new people into the hobby and provides what sounds to be a fast, fun game. I simply don't have the time for 6-8 hour slugfests on a Saturday anymore. Maybe in a few years, but for now I have small kids, so I prefer to spend weekends with them, which means I'm looking for games that can be played in 2-3 hours on a weeknight or weekend evening.

I have a decent library of Napoleonic titles, and have owned many sets of Napoleonic rules over the course of my gaming. I consider myself to be fairly well-read on the subject, though not an expert by any means. I'm interested in helping to formulate a fast, fun Napoleonic game that can bring new people into the hobby while still retaining the 'feel' of the era.
HobbyDr

PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2008 4:45 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Welcome, Bart. Our membership has risen of late (after a fairly long stagnant period), and there seems to be a renewed interest in the site. I hope to see more of your contributions in the near future.

Don

Del'pech

PostPosted: Sat Oct 25, 2008 4:51 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Name: Juan-Carlos Rubio

Interests:Napoleonics,Sci-fi,playing Football,chicks,movies

Gaming experience:I've been gaming for three years now.I started with Warhammer Fantasy and then did a little of 40k before moving to FoW.I now only play FoW and Napoleonics.I have a German SS force for FoW and two small French and Austrian demo armies for Napoleonics.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic