Napofow Forum Index
 FAQ  •  Search  •  Memberlist  •  Usergroups   •  Register  •  Profile  •  Log in to check your private messages  •  Log in
 Nobody? View next topic
View previous topic
skatey

PostPosted: Sat Jul 22, 2006 6:58 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Isn't there anyone with a complete infantry battalion based up on medium bases and ready to go? I'm aiking to see what it looks like!
Nicofig
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Aug 20, 2006 7:08 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

So do I. We have that for the moment :
http://eurekamin.com.au/gallery/displayimage.php?album=search&cat=0&pos=0

and that

http://eurekamin.com.au/gallery/displayimage.php?album=search&cat=0&pos=1

Very Happy
View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mailVisit poster's websiteMSN Messenger
DwarfMan1

PostPosted: Sat Oct 07, 2006 8:03 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

skatey wrote:
Isn't there anyone with a complete infantry battalion based up on medium bases and ready to go? I'm aiking to see what it looks like!

I guess not!

I am working on mine at the moment. MAYBE it will be done soon. Rolling Eyes

PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2007 12:10 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I'm doing some 18mm Crimean war stuff at the moment, I'll post a some photos when I finish.

I've got some 28mm Napoleonic Russians on large bases, short edge forward. I'll get some photos and post them on Monday night.

Here's some 28mm SYW I did with the large bases, but long edge forward, but I think in the furture I'll do it the other way around.

You know... from Battlefront...
Grognard

PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2007 11:37 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

These are some of my French Center company figs. Been working and playtesting a rule set that is aimed more at divisional play rather than base = company play. Currently working on getting a lot more figs from my old Empire collection rebased, will hopefully have more pics up in the future. The paint job is 15+ years old, 20 years on some of the figs, so be kind....

HobbyDr

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2007 2:44 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Grognard wrote:
These are some of my French Center company figs. Been working and playtesting a rule set that is aimed more at divisional play rather than base = company play. Currently working on getting a lot more figs from my old Empire collection rebased, will hopefully have more pics up in the future. The paint job is 15+ years old, 20 years on some of the figs, so be kind....

No need to apologize--- the paint job is very good. The amazing thing is they still look so good after all those years.

I really like your basing. Six figs to a company (base) gives a sufficient 'troop density, while allowing an economy of figures. (Eight figs to a base might give a more 'visceral' feel, but then again, maybe not.)

I don't know if you've had a chance to see the thread I started to discuss possible base sizes and unit sizes .....http://forumnapofow.free.fr/viewtopic.php?t=112..... but I do think your unit makes a nice battalion, which I prefer. How were you planning on basing the Flank and Grenadier companies? On small bases? That would certainly allow skirmish lines.

Great job.

Don

Grognard

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2007 3:22 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

HobbyDr wrote:

No need to apologize--- the paint job is very good. The amazing thing is they still look so good after all those years.

Thanks for the compliment, I always feel self conscious about my Nap figs, I've gotten a lot better since way back then.

HobbyDr wrote:

I really like your basing. Six figs to a company (base) gives a sufficient 'troop density, while allowing an economy of figures. (Eight figs to a base might give a more 'visceral' feel, but then again, maybe not.)

I like the six fig bases for line units. I'll use the eight fig bases for elite units. It does give them a better look I think. I'm hoping that if used sparingly, I can stretch my line troops that much further, and have my elite units stand out nicely on the table top.

HobbyDr wrote:

but I do think your unit makes a nice battalion, which I prefer. How were you planning on basing the Flank and Grenadier companies? On small bases? That would certainly allow skirmish lines.

When I get around to rebasing all the elite companies I intend to field four of them on a medium base with two center company figs towards the center. This is basically for my own rule set, larger scale. If FoW Nap gets up and rolling hereabouts, then I'd probably put my elites six to a medium base just like the center companies. Six equal bases per battalion.

I prefer the larger scale of gaming, mutliple division corps making up armies. But it would be great to have them dual purpose based so that I could break them down to make up a division where each company and gun were represented on the board. I've got plenty enough, way too much Empire in my past......
HobbyDr

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2007 3:39 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Grognard wrote:

Quote:
But it would be great to have them dual purpose based so that I could break them down to make up a division where each company and gun were represented on the board. I've got plenty enough, way too much Empire in my past......

That, of course, is the 'Great Trick' we all are looking for. I originally had 24 Scots Greys based for GDW's Fire and Steel. When I considered going to Empire 3, I was alarmed to find out I would only be able to use 8. And with that bearskin, it's not like I could proxy the rest into another unit. So goes life. Sad

Don

Grognard

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2007 4:54 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Thankfully, I have well over 600 French line and light infantry painted. So even taking out the extra command bases, I can field a good size division with six figs per company per base.

Though I'm not too thrilled at a 'just like' Fow game, I'd play just to see the figs get pushed around the table.
Grognard

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2007 3:23 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Some more stuff I've gotten rebased. These are set up for my own home grown rules, corps and army level stuff. Should still be compatible with FoW rules, if, they get around to it.

Hoping to get in a write up of an AAR of a battle I play tested this friday night past sometime soon.

These are all at least 15+ years on the paint job, so be kind.

Some Light Cavalry:

Infantry in various formations:

Some of my Cuirassiers:

General Laird

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2007 2:00 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

are you doing 2 stands = 1 company? so a battalion is 6 stands on average plus 1 officer
View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mailVisit poster's websiteMSN Messenger
Grognard

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2007 3:32 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Actually no, I'm working on two bases equals a brigade. Although I'm interested in a Napo FOW project, I'm working on my won higher level stuff. Just posting pics and such to help keep the conversation going.
Nicofig
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2007 8:24 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Whooo Great Job !!!
Dillingham
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2007 5:41 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Hey, Grognard, what happened to your image links?
those figures are too nice not to share with everyone. Smile

Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2007 5:38 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I agree, please show us again.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic