Napofow Forum Index
 FAQ  •  Search  •  Memberlist  •  Usergroups   •  Register  •  Profile  •  Log in to check your private messages  •  Log in
 Russian Napoleonic Colours/Flags/Standards View next topic
View previous topic
wayne

PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2008 12:43 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I've made some flags for the one Battalion of 28mm Napoleonics I've painted. At some point I hope to have the time to paint some more. Here is an image of the flag. If your interested in getting a copy email me a wayne@khanage.net.nz and I'll send you a 300dpi jpg for good quality printing.

This image is undersized for 28mm but probably could be resized for 15mm.

The 21st Division is part of the Army of the North. The following regiments go with the Inspection flags.

Petrovsk Infantry Regiment ~ 1803 St Petersburg
Podolsk Infantry Regiment ~ 1803 Brest Litevsk
Lithuania ~ 1800 St Petersburg (As the original regiment was converted into Jagers I assumed that the New regiment raised from garrison battalions recieved the old flags, however it may have had the 1803 version)
Neva Infantry Regiment ~ 1803 Finland (but I included the 1800 because is looks much better)
44th Jager Regiment ~ Jagers weren't issued colours.

If you need any particular inspection flags made let me know.

The whole thing with the Russian flags is a bit of a mess as new flags weren't always issued to everybody. The 1796, 1800, and 1803 flags continued to be used throughout the wars depending on the regiment. The inspection system was abolished in 1807, but 1803 flags seem to have been issued to newly raised regiments up until 1812. The standardised green and white flag was introduced in 1813, but units continued to use the older types during the 1813/14 campaigns.

Wayne

You know... from Battlefront...
HobbyDr

PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2008 11:39 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Those are great looking, and quite a surprise. (I figured we see Crimean flags from you first Wink ) What program did you use to make them, and how long did it take you to make the first one? I can't wait to see them in action.

Don

wayne

PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2008 6:00 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I Used photoshop which has some great effects. I worked on them on Saturday so after a bit of trial and error the first one took about an hour.

I forgot to take the file to work today to do a colour print so I'll do that tomorrow and get one of the flags added to the battalion and take a photo.

Wayne

You know... from Battlefront...

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic