Napofow Forum Index
 FAQ  •  Search  •  Memberlist  •  Usergroups   •  Register  •  Profile  •  Log in to check your private messages  •  Log in
 Need help choosing colour View next topic
View previous topic
sparks

PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2008 5:17 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Hi
Just recieved my first order of Dutch and Belgan infantry from Campaign Miniatures. Great models! Now I need some help in selecting colours to paint them Smile Particularly the colour choice for jackets ie what colour blue to use?. I use Vallejo and Citadel acryllics. Any help in this area would very much appreciated.

Cheers
Steve
richard

PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2008 11:56 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Hi Sparks.

From the limited information that I have, the Dutch-Belgian's still wore a very similar colour to the coats worn when they fought FOR the French! I'd recommend either the Vallajo 930 Dark Blue, or Citadel Ultramarines Blue. I am not sure about cuffs, collars and turnbacks, but I would have a hunch that red would be right for cuffs and collars, and white for turnbacks.

Chassuers had green coats, with primrose facings. Artillery and Cavalry seem to have been as the infantry, 'cept the Heavy Cavalry had brass helmets.

Hope that helps!
Richard

PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2008 6:58 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Thanks Richard.
I'm using Phlip Hawthornwaite's uniforms of Waterloo as a guide. Hope to have a WIP in the gallery sometime next Thursday of Dutch Miltia advancing and Belgian march attack and firing line.

Cheers
Steve

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic