Napofow Forum Index
 FAQ  •  Search  •  Memberlist  •  Usergroups   •  Register  •  Profile  •  Log in to check your private messages  •  Log in
 Interest in other Army Lists View next topic
View previous topic
General Laird

PostPosted: Sat Oct 04, 2008 4:24 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Appart from the major players and their smaller allies in Europe is their any countries people would like to see a list for or consider playing. I mean if no one wants to play them i'd not bother writing them up such as the USA.
I know it was a bit earlier
View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mailVisit poster's websiteMSN Messenger
Figjam

PostPosted: Sat Oct 04, 2008 10:28 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Interesting other nations. Sweden, the Ottoman Empire and Indian Moghul/Sikh.

Moghul/Sikhs with rockets, camel gunners and elephant.
Hand to hand combat troops such as the fanatical Ghazi or Akalis can be represented by Grenadiers without fire arms ie two combat attacks and no shooting. Needs a reduction in cost for no muskets.

A lot of the battalions would be h-h combat troops with no fire arms but not as good as Ghazi or Akalis. Also needs a reduction in cost for no muskets.

No attached artillery batteries for battalions but a Moghul army often had a big artillery train, mainly heavy type.

The Ottoman Empires armies differed in composition in the different parts of its empire. The army in the Balkans was different from the army just across the strait in Turkey. And the Mamluk and Albanian armies in Egypt were different from the armies in Libya and Syria.
Apart from the Turkish Ottoman armies the other armies can be made up of 'Regular Ottoman' units, Irregular local troops and mercenaries/prisoners of war.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 02, 2008 12:44 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I'd like to see the US done.It'd be a mix of regular soldiers,untrained militiamen, and units of backwoods sharpshooters and skirmishers.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic