Napofow Forum Index
 FAQ  •  Search  •  Memberlist  •  Usergroups   •  Register  •  Profile  •  Log in to check your private messages  •  Log in
 6mm View next topic
View previous topic
dugal mcangus

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2006 7:20 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I plan to use 6mm Baccus figs for this (if we do indeed get far enough to make painting up armies necessary), i would just appriciate it if we could always keep this scale in the back of our mind when thinking of rules/mechanics.
renleg

PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2006 4:52 am Reply with quoteBack to top

sounds ok to me! I wouldnt mind having a look at a pic if you have some!
Nicofig
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2006 6:32 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I think you can play with 6mm on the 15mm bases with 2x the figures number.
Wink
View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mailVisit poster's websiteMSN Messenger
dugal mcangus

PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2006 6:27 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I've asked Dillingham to cook up a graphic of some 6mm's on a FOW base, i had envisioned something like a Grande Armee base on a smaller scale, maybe 8 stips of 4 guys, ordered in 4 ranks. but grouped with the first 2 ranks then some space and then the second two ranks.

i am moving on tuesday so i won't be able to paint for another week, then i plan to have some pictures up. can't wait to get the gallery started!
Dillingham
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2006 11:20 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I hope to be able to do something with this, but honestly, it would help if I knew how many figs you want arranged how. I'm just not familiar with the existing 6mm versions of basing.

And I wonder if maybe it wouldn't matter whether you played 15mm or 6mm and used the same rules & ranges. Perhaps just make it a different number of men per fig ratio ...

... dunno. That was just a really random unpondered thought. Smile
dugal mcangus

PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2006 3:53 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I agree, use the same rules, but always consider the 6mm point of view. you know on things like Line Of Sight and such. we just have to make sure that it works for the little guys as well.

As for the basing Dill, i sent a message to your address attached to the yahoo group. The 6mm Baccus figs come 4 to a strip, 20 mm across. i was thinking of 2 stips accross and four deep, in two pairs (ie two ranks towards the front, and two ranks towards the back) I hope to get some pics up after i finish moving, in a couple of weeks when my wife lets me paint again.

Until then, do you think you could whip up a basing graphic like you did for the 15's Dillingham? I would appriciate it.
Dillingham
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2006 4:27 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I've finally done an example of 6mm basing ... or a suggestion, at least. These are on medium bases (I think an idea of what units would look like in 15mm too - just replace each strip of 6mm figs with two 15mm figures). Again, just a suggestion. Anyway, here's the 6mm basing suggestion ...

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic